Friday, July 30, 2010

Top Ten Awful Church Supper Disaster Names

I'll admit it. Some church supper foods are really outstanding. But even some of the excellent ones have names that make you think, "Gee. I should have stayed home and eaten leftover tongue in aspic." Here are my top ten awful-sounding church supper disaster names. (If you have any from your collection, send them along. I'd love to expand this list!)

1) Whatizit? Dinner (ground beef, soup mix, instant rice, water, onion)

2) YumYum (ground beef, canned soups, canned "Chinese" vegetables, chow mein noodles)

3) Haggard Cake (Nothing says yummy like a word meaning "having a gaunt, wasted, or exhausted appearance".)

4) Mystery Pie (Call me crazy, but I generally like to know what's in my pie before I eat it.)

5) Gelatin Poke Cake (mmmm........poke that gelatin.......poke it good.....)

6) Glop (some sort of chili concoction using an entire box of Velveeta cheese)

7) Weiner Tacos (no comment necessary)

8) Bourism Fromage (Roughly translated: Cheese afflicted with a bad case of the bourism)

9) Yankee Noodle Dandy (distant cousin of God Bless the U.S.Eggs.)

10) Okay Meatloaf (Here's my meatloaf. It's not good....but....meh.....it's okay.)

Honorable Mention: Chocolate Ting-A-Lings (I'm going to ignore the blatant racism in this title. The recipe calls for chocolate chips, peanuts, and chow mein noodles. Hence the "ting-a-ling". Because....you know....that's how all Asians talk.)

Honorable Mention: I-Hate-to-Cook Baked Chicken (Don't worry, Hazel. We hate-to-eat your food, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment